Senior Project Manager MECOMS™ UK
Ferranti is looking for experienced energy and utility professionals, to help build the international expansion of its MECOMS™ product in the UK.
MECOMS™ is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. MECOMS™ is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS™ is Microsoft‘s only recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS™ has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by renowned industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software companies, such as Avanade/Accenture, Tata, and CGI have chosen to partner with Ferranti and offer MECOMS™ as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for our department Projects, where we are responsible for the full implementation of MECOMS™ projects from A to Z.
We focus on efficiency and value creation and prefer to implement our projects with internal instead of external project managers. Therefore, we need you to further strengthen our internal project management team.
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the delivery of a number of custom MECOMS™ projects and the implementation of its product MECOMS™ across the globe. This implies efficient planning, stakeholder-, risk- and change-management and completion of projects with focus on maximising value creation. Your performance and the use of our project methodology and tools must ensure streamlined projects and excellent results.
Can you manage challenging projects with a steady hand, deliver agreed results and do your project members and stakeholders wish to work with you again? In that case, you might be the right candidate for the position of Senior Project Manager MECOMS™ in our UK team.
- Experience as a project manager in successfully delivering multiple large-sized (>3000 mandays) ERP implementation projects characterized by systematic and milestone-driven work
- A university or bachelor’s degree in Applied Economic Sciences: business engineering; Computer Science; Economics or equivalent
- International experience and are used to communicate and work in English (native speaker)
- Good understanding of business processes
- Clear communication skills, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way
- The necessary administration skills and you are capable to dialogue with the customer and subcontractors
- Experience in the Energy & Utilities sector is a major asset
- Knowledge of a project management methodology such as Prince 2 or PMBOK; Knowledge of SureStep is a plus
- Good at building bridges between business and IT
- Fluent in English (native). Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- A dynamic team player with a sense of responsibility and excellent social skills
- A flexible person willing to travel a lot, mainly within UK and sometimes to Belgium for training or meetings
- Goal-oriented and have an eye for quality
- A strong communicator, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way
- Robust and gain trust and respect from your peers. Others will soon notice that you work in a structured way and have good analytical skills
- A workplace in UK and on the premises of the client
- Continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Real career opportunities in a challenging working environment
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, smartphone, internet connection,…
- And this in a young and dynamic company atmosphere where there is room for initiative and where an open culture gives you the possibility to grow and continuously improve your personal skills.
Please contact Kim Lucas: +32 (0)3 540 49 80 or +32 (0)486 30 53 15 and send your CV to: HR [dot] careers [at] ferranti [dot] be. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as electronic files as soon as possible.